Cheesy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Nourishing, comforting and beautiful. Add this roasted garlic mashed potato dish to your family gathering and you are bound to be loved by all, kids and adults. Made with SriMu Elder as the secret ingredient.
3 lbs Gold Potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 large head Garlic
1/2 wheel SriMu Elder
1/2 cup non-dairy Milk
3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
Garnish with black pepper, rosemary, chives, etc.
- Heat your oven (or toaster oven) to 350F. Add your head of garlic to the heated oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until the garlic is roasted and soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the quartered potatoes and boil for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and soft. Drain into a colander.
- Put the pot back on the stove and heat over medium heat. Add the potatoes back to the pot and stir for three minutes to remove excess moisture. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, add your roasted garlic by pinching each of the cloves until the garlic is removed at the base of the clove. Add your SriMu, plant milk, salt, and any other seasonings you would like. Whisk with a fork until mostly smooth.
- Add your potatoes to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or electric mixer. Add the SriMu mixture and whip until fluffy and creamy. Make sure you do not over mix as potatoes can become gummy.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper, rosemary, chives, or whatever you like and serve the most amazing dairy free mashed potatoes!